Regardless of what age or grade a Cub Scout is in, he must earn the Bobcat rank before earning any other rank. The Bobcat requirements focus on the fundamentals of Cub Scouting that every Cub Scout must know. The Bobcat requirements are:
- Learn and say the Scout Oath, with help if needed.
- Learn and say the Scout Law, with help if needed.
- Show the Cub Scout sign. Tell what it means.
- Show the Cub Scout handshake. Tell what it means.
- Say the Cub Scout motto. Tell what it means.
- Show the Cub Scout salute. Tell what it means.
- With your parent or guardian, complete the exercises in the pamphlet How to Protect Your Children From Child Abuse: A Parent’s Guide and earn the Cyber Chip award for your age.
|The above items are the basic information that ALL Cub Scouts must learn, which is why EVERY boy who enters into Cub Scouting MUST earn the Bobcat Badge. He only needs to complete the course once in his Cub Scout career.|